Canon faced difficulties in reaching the next generation of young content creators, as they increasingly exchanged their high-end cameras for smartphones.
A camera is a vehicle for self-expression, and self-expression is a key need for young people.
Develop an integrated social, digital, and above-the-line marketing campaign for Canon's new series of M cameras that highlight the cameras' roles in enabling self-expression by revealing the stories of real content creators like rising pop star Jessie Reyez, as well as YouTuber Daniela Andrade, and photographers Henry Hwu, and Jessica Kobeissi.
- Operated as account and project lead coordinating successful competition and delivery of the project from strategic development through to creative execution and delivery
- Personally recruited and brought on production company responsible for the video's production including negotiation of contract and usage
- Operated as client service lead managing client reviews and approvals and ensure strategic and creative alignment
- Collaborated on concept with tight creative and strategy team
- Managed project contracts, budgets, timelines, closing, and delivery
- Canon Canada's most successful youth targeted campaign ever
- Jessie Reyez's rise to stardom timed with campaign launch
- Sales of Canon EOS M mirrorless cameras exceeded projections
Adrian Vieni (Director)
Dana Klyszekjo (Producer)
Bonnie Cheung (Art Director)
James McGuire (Copywriter)
If this case study resonated with you and you'd like to discover how I can bring value to your organization, please don't hesitate to reach out.